with fresh milled and flaked organic oats
We love these cookies for their decadent yet wholesome nature. They’re not too sweet, but really satisfying. Easy to make too—just add some organic peanut butter and dark chocolate chips to the base and you’re good to go.
- 1 bag GRAINSTORM All Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- Got a home grain mill? Make our mix at home - SHOW
Mill your own heritage oatmeal cookie mix
- 85 g (3 oz) organic oat groats, milled fine
- 255 g (9 oz) organic oat groats, flaked
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp organic Sucanat®
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
Weigh out your oats
Mill about 25% at finest setting
Flake the rest with an oat flaker
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup organic peanut butter
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F, lightly grease cookie sheets
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Other ingredients: combine peanut butter with wet mix, add in chocolate chips
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Let stand for 30 to 60 minnutes so the oats can absorb the liquid.
- Spoon out 12 to a sheet; you can press them down if you want thinner and crisper
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until nicely browned top and bottom.
- Remove from oven and after 5-10 miinutes remove to cooling rack
- Store in cookie jar or freezer; NOT in the fridge or in an air-tight container
Makes 36 cookies
Increasing both butter and sugar by 25%-50% will make a richer, crisper, and of course sweeter variation.