with fresh milled organic Spelt, Kamut® & Oats
Our pancake mix itself is vegan, but our standard preparation calls for eggs, butter and yogurt. Here's how to do your pancakes or waffles up vegan-style.
- 1 bag GRAINSTORM Ancient Grain Pancake Mix
- Got a home grain mill? Make our mix at home - SHOW
Mill your own heritage pancake mix
- 285 g (10 oz) organic spelt kernels
- 85 g (3 oz) organic Kamut® kernels
- 85 g (3 oz) organic oat groats
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder (non-GMO)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
Weigh out grains; mix together evenly and mill at finest setting. Stir in remaining dry ingredients.
Vegan wet mix
- 3 eggs worth of egg replacer -- Pana Riso or other brand
- 2½ cups soy, almond or rice milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice or cider vinigar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat griddle or heavy frying pan to medium
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and whisk smooth
- Combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- To cook: laddle on to greased pan, spreading gently before pancake sets (use a circular motion). Flip when golden, remove when JUST firm. Do not overcook or pancakes will be tough.
- serve on warm plates
- freeze leftovers for quick and easy weekday breakfasts
Serves 6 to 8